Re: AW: Your comments on XLink CR

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 08:02:28AM -0000, Hartmut Obendorf wrote:
> Dear Daniel,
>
> for the sake of completeness,
>
> >     - Issue (editorial-obendorf) which was accepted
> >     - Issue (editorial-obendorf2) which was accepted
> >     - Issue (multiple-arcs) which was rejected
> >
> > Could you indicate if you accept the Working Group decision on
> > those issues ?
>
> Yes, of course I do. The first two being just extended typos, the third was
> just
> an uneasy feeling.

  thanks,

> I think, I did mention one more typo in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2000OctDec/0056
> .html

  if it's a typo, Eve probably took care of it.

> I also feel unhappy that naming conventions (arc, arcrole, title..) seem to
> be
> considered as taboo - I still feel (again) that "role" is a mislading label.

  Well, at CR stage changing syntax or semantic has a taboo heritage since this
mean breaking all the initial implementations which are crucial to get
the specs to process to last stage.

> Oh, Good Luck with PR and Happy Christmas!

  Thanks, Happy Chrismas too.

BTW the WG Chrismas gift to the community is that it accepted to make
the whole WG Issue List public, it is now available at
  http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/12/LinkingIssueList.html

As I understand this may prove useful to you :-)

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | libxml Gnome XML toolkit
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | http://xmlsoft.org/