Re: Problem with local resources

Hello Carl-- You can make the extended link element itself participate in
the link, but only by making it a "remote" resource (that is, using a
locator element to point to it, if you wish by using an XPath expression
with "ancestor::" in it.  So what you seek isn't prohibited, but it isn't
optimized for, either.

I can see utility in optimizing for this, but it might also cause design
problems.  For example, would we need to add "resourcerole" and
"resourcetitle" attributes to extended links to allow them to have a full
complement of metadata?...

 From a process perspective, it's unlikely that we'd be able to add such a
feature without having to go back to Second Last Call.  However, I'll bring
it up.

Hope this helps,

         Eve

--
Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com