Re: xlink ebnf|dtd

At 12:42 PM 7/30/00 -0700, S. Champ wrote:
>wondering if it would be possible for the  [ ebnf notation | dtd? ] of the
>current xlink TR to be put written into the HTML version of the TR.

There is no normative DTD (or EBNF notation) for XLink; suggestive
non-normative DTD snippets are shown throughout.  Because it uses an
attribute-based structure, and because (for example) any XLink element is
potentially allowable in any other XLink element (even though it may not
have any XLink-dictated meaning), I think a normative DTD would be so loose
as to be pretty much worthless.

         Eve
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    elm @ east.sun.com