Re: Relative URI's in xml:base

At 12:58 2000 07 14 -0500, Curt Arnold wrote:
>There are no discussions or examples in the XML Base document on the use of
>relative URI's as values for XML Base.  For example, would something like
>this be legal:
>
><TESTSUITE>
><TESTCASES xml:base="xmlconf/">
>    ...   test cases where URI's are relative to document's base URI +
>xmlconf/
></TESTCASES>
></TESTSUITE>

An example of a relative xml:base might be helpful--I'll let
the editors decide.

The discussion is in section 4 [1] where it says (end of second bullet)

  Note that this applies to xml:base attributes themselves.

That wording is being massaged somewhat for the next draft, but
the idea is the same.

paul

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmlbase-20000607#IDwkAq1