The XLink Jan 19 working draft

From: David Hunter <sernaferna@home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:59:18 -0500
To: <www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org>
Although I appreciate the point that XLink global attributes can be
defaulted in a DTD, I find it to confuse the working draft, since I can't
tell directly from the examples which attributes are being defaulted and
which simply aren't needed.  I have to look not only at the examples, but at
the example DTDs as well, just to tell what is going on.

I would find the draft much easier to read if all of the examples were shown
with all of the XLink attributes included explicitly.  The point about
attributes being default-able could be made nearer to the end of the draft;
something like "Oh, and by the way, you can also default these attributes,
so that this example [example with lots of XLink attributes] would look more
like this [example with attributes defaulted]".

David Hunter
sernaferna@home.com