comment on XML Base last call

From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:50:12 -0500
To: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org
Cc: w3c-xml-linking-wg@w3.org
A very minor wording issue I just noticed:

In section 4 [1], the third point of the summary of RFC 2396 says:

  The base URI is that of the URI used to retrieve the entity.

The corresponding part in 2396 [2] says:

  [the base URI is the] URI used to retrieve the entity.

Therefore, the words "that of" should be struck in our summary
of point 3.  (Maybe this doesn't even make a difference, but
I don't want people discussing whether the "base URI of the
URI used to retrieve the entity" is any different from "the
URI used to retrieve the entity" on some interminable mailing
list in the future.)

paul

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlbase#IDwkAq1
[2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt