Re: Congratulations

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 01:37:53PM -0700, Dave Hollander wrote:
> First and foremost, heart-felt congratulations on a well done specification.
> It is clear, to the point and easy to read. The terminology issues we were
> discussed years ago have been resolved so cleanly that I only once had
> to think about the terms used--arc.
>
> I have two little details to report:
> 1) section 1.0, first list after 3rd para: "Create a link database that..."
> 	The words "create" and "database" used this way caused me to stop
> 	and finally say, perhaps they will explain later.
> 	I would suggest something more like:
> 	"Express a link database...".
> 	Like I said, a little point that I expect has already be discussed.
>
> 2) Section 3.4, para 3: "The URI-reference must be receive XML base..."
>
> Again, thanks for creating a spec that I can point to as a counter-example
> when people are telling me that specs are and need to be hard to read.

  Dave,

 thanks a lot for your feedback. Both errors have been corrected in the
latest version of the specification (members only):

  http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2000/04/WD-xlink-20000418.htm

 Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW