Re: xlxp-dev: Further XLink Concerns

From: Gabe Beged-Dov <begeddov@jfinity.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:01:46 -0800
To: xlxp-dev@fsc.fujitsu.com
CC: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org
I would also like to see a minimalist set of XLink requirements similar in
scope to the comments that Eve Mahler et.al. posted concerning XPointer (which
BTW, I strongly agree with).

I cannot afford the time and effort to make the substantial comments on the
requirements that this area deserves. Many of my comments have been made on
the xlxp-dev list in the past and are captured to a degree in the XArc spec.
Here's one comment, though.

I would like to see an explanation of how XLink relates to RDF. One could make
the argument that all uses of XLink other than the backwards compatability for
HTML anchors can (and should) be handled via RDF. I'm not necessarily
advocating that but it would be nice if the requirements at least mentioned
RDF somewhere :-).

Gabe Beged-Dov
www.jfinity.com