Document Type Declaration information item

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:35:41 -0700
To: www-xml-infoset-comments@w3.org
I have two concerns about the DocType Declaration information item

1. I don't see why the children property of this item contains
processing instructions found in the DTD but not comments found there.
Older versions of the spec included both.

2. I think it's confusing that the Document Type Declaration information
item contains processing instrcutions that are not in the document type
declaration, but only in the external DTD subset. it would seem more
sensible to me that instead of a children property, the Document Type
Declaration information item would contain a Document Type Definition
information item which would contain these children in the right order.
This would also more naturally lend itself to future extensions to
handle DTDs and other content models.

|               Java I/O (O'Reilly & Associates, 1999)               |
|            http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/books/javaio/            |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1565924851/cafeaulaitA/   |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:  http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/ |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/     |