Re: Fwd: Re: namespace prefixes within attribute values

From: Kevin Regan <kevinr@valicert.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:44:29 -0700
To: www-xml-canonicalization-comments@w3.org
How would it be possible to canonicalize a document if prefixes are
included in
the canonicalization?  Two equivalent documents can have different
prefixes.  The XML
Namespaces spec states (section 3):

    Note that the prefix functions only as a placeholder for a namespace
name.
    Applications should use the namespace name, not the prefix, in
constructing
    names whose scope extends beyond the containing document.

Has the XML Schema group decided an a whole sale rewriting of the XML
Namespaces
spec (e.g QNames as attribute values, and the above)?  Maybe I'm not
understanding
this whole thread...

--Kevin

Kevin Regan