Re: [xml-dev] whitespace in 1.1

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:12:55 -0500 (EST)
To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
CC: www-xml-blueberry-comments@w3.org

Simon St.Laurent scripsit:

> It doesn't look like XML 1.1 changes the S production of XML 1.0, so
> while NEL is permitted in element and attribute content, it isn't
> considered whitespace inside of markup components like tags and
> declarations.

I have filed a comment on this.  My intent was to extend the current
rules about as-if line-end mapping from character content to everything.
So far I haven't convinced the Core WG that this is necessary.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There