Re: XML 1.1 CR comment response for Harold-02 [second sending]

At 11:36 AM -0500 7/14/03, Paul Grosso wrote:
>[Re-sending message previously sent on 2003 July 03.]
>
>Elliotte,
>
>In light of John's clarification, do you still wish to record
>a formal objection or do you now accept the WG's resolution?

I am confused about what the members of the working group believe. I
agree with John. However, it is not clear to me that all the members
of the working group agree with him. I have heard others claim
exactly the opposite on this point. I am worried that in six months
to a year it will be discovered that the working group did not have
consensus on this point, and that it went to rec only because
different people thought it said different things, and different
parsers will begin behaving differently. This would be a disaster. If
indeed everybody is in agreement with John's position now, then
there's no problem, and no need for an objection. But let's make very
sure that everyone does accept that position.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu