Re: XML 1.1 CR comment response for Harold-02

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:31:41 -0400
To: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Cc: www-xml-blueberry-comments@w3.org

At 11:50 AM -0500 7/3/03, Paul Grosso wrote:
>Elliotte,
>
>In light of John's clarification, do you still wish to record
>a formal objection or do you now accept the WG's resolution?

I agree with John, and if the working group agrees with John, we're
fine. However, this issue arose originally precisely because some of
the working group did not agree with John, and the claim was made
that it was OK for a parser to check well-formedness after
normalizing the input text. If no one holds that position any longer,
we're fine.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu