Re: Allow hex format for integer types.

THnk you for contacting us.

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 05:37:13AM -0500, wout.de.zeeuw@philips.com wrote:
> Currently I'm missing the ability of integers in xml documents to be
> defined in hex format (e.g. 0x20003cd9). In engineering environments hex
> format is much more common and readable than the decimal format.
>
> But I guess that would mean a change in the xml spec and not in the schema
> spec.

XML itself already allows hexadecimal for numerical character references,
such as ϰ, but does not otherwise know anything about integers.

You could consider using schema pattern facets to match 0x[a-zA-Z0-9]+,
I sppose.  If that is not sufficient, the schema working group may
respond to your mail.

Best,

Liam

--