IBM's Official objection (aka minority report)

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:59:50 -0700
To: XML Core WG <w3c-xml-core-wg@w3.org>, www-xml-blueberry-comments@w3.org

Before we move XML 1.1 to CR IBM wants to officially object to the
decision not to add the control characters (0x1-0x1F) to the allowed
range of characters in XML documents. For completeness IBM wished the
NUL (0x0) character could also be added but we realize that the impact
on existing software would be too large. But the same is not true for
the control characters, and we believe the advantages of allowing them
outweighs the disadvantages.

--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM, XML Standards Strategy Group / W3C AC Rep.