Re: XKMS 2.0 Errata - WSDL / Pass Phrase Computation

From: Silvan Krebs <silvan.krebs@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:35:41 +0200
To: lischke@googlemail.com
Cc: www-xkms@w3.org

Hi Stefan,

> The implementation is OK, but not perfect. For Webservice Stuff it uses
> the old (and outdated) Apache SOAP Project. And an old databinding.
> I suggest to improve this project to use latest Axis2-1.3 and XMLBeans.
> So one can work with it in a state of the art environment.

Thanks for your suggestion.

At that matter I have a general question (might be a bit off topic).
We used JAX-WS 2.1.1 (RI) for our implementation. One reason was that
we encountered problems generating stubs and skeletons with wsdl2java
(Axis2). The other reason why we used JAX-WS is that JAX-WS became
part of J2EE 5 and we wanted to use as much as possible from the sun
standard.
I quess you are more familiar with open source in general than we are,
do you think axis is more accepted?

More details will follow later.

-Silvan