Re: Can we place time stamp information inside an XKMS response

Vicente D. Guardiola Buitrago wrote:

> Hi Wahaj,
>
> I think you could do this using the <MessageExtension> element (Section
> 3.1.3).
> This element is intended to afford that kind of particular necessities,
> and by
> using it your server will still be usable by any XKMS client.
>
> This is only my thinking, I don't know if someone has afforded this
> problem with
> another idea.

You could also use the SignatureProperties element [1] in xmlsig. If
the timestamp format you're using is specific to xkms and only of
use to the xkms client then maybe MessageExtensions is better,
but if the format is any way more generic then I'd probably go
for SignatureProperties.

Cheers,
Stephen.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/#sec-SignatureProperties