Determinig Server o Client use in XKMS

From: Vicente D. Guardiola Buitrago <vicentedavid81@yahoo.es>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:39:24 +0100
To: www-xkms@w3.org

Hello,

I'm implementing a XKMS Server and I've a doubt.

My underlying PKI is based on X.509 Certificate, and the problem raises
when I have to check the KeyUsage and UseKeyWith for the requested Key
binding in the found certificates. For instance, let be a Request with a
UseKeyWith for IPSEC with IP A.B.C.D  and KeyUsage Signature and
Excryption. This is a typical request, but in X.509 Certificate I need
to know if the certificate is going to be used in a Client or a Server,
because the necessary extensions are different in either situation.

Then, the question is, how can I determine if a request is for a Client
or a Server?

Thanks,

Vicente Guardiola
University of Murcia (Spain)