Re: Revised Test Cases

From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:24:43 +0200
To: www-xkms@w3.org

Sorry I hadn't answered to this thread before.

In my opinion, the best thing to make good tests is to have tests
that don't combine too many things if at all. Otherwise, it gets
very confusing to evaluate success or failure of a test scenario.

That's why I had advised Guillermo early on to simplify the tests.
Rather than having one test scenario that does everything, it's better
to have many test scenarios that are targeted to testing something
specific.

By combining X-KRSS and X-KISS messages we may be taking away the focus
of the test. If those messages can be combined, there should be some
specific tests aimed at that goal, but this shouldn't preclude having
individual X-KRSS and X-KISS tests.

I'm glad that they have been separated.

I'll give more feedback next week after looking at the tests, and while
updating the wbs form.

Cheers,

-jose