Re: further feedback on the XKMS schema changes

From: Berin Lautenbach <berin@wingsofhermes.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:37:56 +1000
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
CC: jose.kahan@w3.org, www-xkms@w3.org

Stephen Farrell wrote:

>     If a significant number of those filling in the interop
>     matrix want a change, then we change & if not, not. The
>     WG chairs decide what numbers are significant if the
>     issue arises.
>
> The only good reason to change namespace at this point is
> if someone's deployed something using the current one
> which will misbehave when faced with an implementation
> behaving according to the PR version of the spec/schema.
> If that happened my sympathies would be with the person
> requesting the change. No-one's asked so far.

With the QName->URI issue, it *is* possible that an implementation of
the "new" spec will get confused by a message still resorting to QNames.
  Is that something we care about?

Which raises another question - I guess that at some point someone will
state "right - now we switch to new draft" and we invalidate all the
questionaires and start again?

Cheers,
	Berin