Re: is it an entity or ...?

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:03:01 -0400
To: jose.kahan@w3.org
CC: www-xkms@w3.org

> if he was trying to make an xkms entity &xkms; or if he wanted to
> say &amp;xkms; or ... in all cases, he us using an &xkms; entity
> and this results in a parsing error.

I believe he picked up what I was doing.  When I proposed some XKMS
schema changes, I defined an XKMS entity by adding a mini DTD to the top
of the schema:
<!DOCTYPE schema [
   <!--  The URI for the XKMS namespace, and also the base URI used for
         URI's defined by the specification. -->
   <!ENTITY xkms 'http://www.w3.org/2002/03/xkms#'>
]>

I bet he just did a global search and replace, and if some of the
examples are in separate files, they won't parse any more.

Hope this helps.
	/r$