Re: Non-deterministic compound requests...

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:27:47 -0500
To: www-xkms@w3.org

Stephen,

At the call today we decided to explicitly leave requests within a
compound request as unordered.  That is, a server is free to respond to
the requests in any order.  If sequencing is important to a client, it
should make multiple synchronous requests, for example.

We couldn't understand a good use case that justified the additional
implementation burden on servers.

	/r$

--
Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect