UseKeyWith

From: Berin Lautenbach <berin@wingsofhermes.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:24:48 +1000
To: www-xkms@w3.org

Peoples,

I think the following two issues are purposely not addressed by the
standard (in that applications can make the decisions), but I thought it
worth asking the questions to make sure I haven't missed something obvious.

1.  If I have a QueryKeyBinding with both a KeyInfo and a set of
UseKeyWith elements, and the two constructs refer to different keys (or
sets of keys), I assume the resultant response is implementation
dependant?  (I.e. union vs. intersection of keys found under the two
sets of conditions.)

2  If I have a QueryKeyBinding with a UseKeyWith item, and there are
actually multiple applications defined for the key that is found, should
the LocateResult have all the potential applications defined in the
response UseKeyWith items, or just the intersection between those
originally requested and the full list?  (Again, I assume application
dependant?)

e.g. request was <xkms:UseKeyWith Application="uri1" Identifier="berin"/>

Result is

<xkms:UnverifiedKeyBinding>
<ds:KeyInfo>...</ds:KeyInfo>
<xkms:UseKeyWith Application="uri1" Identifier="berin"/>
</xkms:UnverifiedKeyBinding>

or

<xkms:UnverifiedKeyBinding>
<ds:KeyInfo>...</ds:KeyInfo>
<xkms:UseKeyWith Application="uri1" Identifier="berin"/>
<xkms:UseKeyWith Application="uri2" Identifier="berin"/>
</xkms:UnverifiedKeyBinding>

Cheers,
	Berin