Re: [fallside@us.ibm.com: Re: Availability of Soap 1.2 toolkits]

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:07:20 -0500
To: jose.kahan@w3.org
Cc: www-xkms@w3.org

> Rich Salz, if you have time, could you give your opinion about making
> Soap 1.2 required over Soap 1.1 for XKMS? As you participate in both
> lists and you are a good developer, it will be a valuable opinion :)

Well appeals to the ego work pretty well. :)

I would base it purely on timing.  Estimate when XKMS becomes a
recommendation (or CR I guess), and then calculate how long SOAP 1.2
will have been CR (or full Rec).  If SOAP 1.2 has been more than six
months, then 1.2 is MUST and 1.1 is SHOULD.  IF 3-6 months, than make
1.2 SHOULD and 1.1 SHOULD.  IF less than three months, make 1.2 SHOULD
and 1.1 MUST

Channeling for King Solomon...
	/r$

--