In guise of introduction...

From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:37:44 +0200
To: www-xkms@w3.org

Hello,

As you're aware, Joseph is moving forward to other adventures and
I'm replacing him as W3C staff contact for this working group. I hope
I can continue his job with the performance and skillfulness that has
characterized it so far!

Here is some background information on what kind of skills I
have that may be related to the WG and what kind of activities
I've been doing at W3C:

- I'm located in Grenoble, France, and work in an office kindly
  provided by INRIA.

- I joined the W3C staff in January 1996. My main tasks
  have been as a developer and as a system administrator and I
  also participate also in the Annotea project (Semantic annotations).

- As a developer, I've been participating in Amaya since the beginning.
  I was mostly responsible for interfacing to the libwww (mostly an
  HTTP protocol library). I also added the message digest
  authentication code to libwww, and Amaya uses it.

- As a system administrator, I did more developing than administration.
  I created the hypertext archiving system we use at W3C and am an
  contributor to the hypermail open source tool (it's the part of
  our system that converts mail into HTML).

- I also developed a semi-secure IP authentication module for Apache for
  use in W3C mirrors. This package made it to the contributed modules
  distribution.

- I hold a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Rennes I
  (France). The subject of my Thesis was access control in distributed
  hypermedia systems, with a practical application on the WWW.

- For the past five years, I've participated in the Program Committee of
  the International WWW Conference as a paper reviewer in the
  Security Track (which was previously the Electronic Commerce and Security
  Track) from 1999 up to 2002.

- My security interests go more towards access control and
  authentication protocols and tend to lean far away from e-commerce.

Looking forward to talk with you in tomorrow's teleconference.

-jose