XKMS Specification

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:30:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Sitaraman Lakshminarayanan <sitagan@yahoo.com>
Subject: XKMS Specification
To: Shivaram.Mysore@Sun.COM, stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie
Cc: l.sitaraman@verizon.net

Hi
I am sitaraman. I am not a member of W3C XKMS working
group but i follow the specification and some times
the email threads from the archieve. I have recently
downloaded the XKMS specification zip file and was
going thorugh that. Here are my comments.

2.5 Compound Requst and Responses

Second paragraph

[53]The response to a compound request is a compound
response. A compound response consists of an outer
response and zero or more inner responses. If the
ResultMajor value of the outer response is
xkms:success the compound response SHOULD contain an
inner response response element corresponding to each
inner request element of the compound request. If the
the Major.Result value of the outer response is not
xkms:success the response MUST NOT contain any inner
ResultMajor value xkms:success but does not contain a
response corresponding to an inner request the
ResultMajor value xkms:failure is assumed.

=== Referece to the line
If the the Major.Result value of the outer response is
not xkms:success the response MUST NOT contain any
inner responses.
*** my comments are
The word Major Result is kind of confusing.  I think
if it is stated as  ResultMajor value then it wont
crate any confusion. Because the author(Working group
members) is trying to say when
a) ResultMajor value is xkms:success then the
requests
b) ResultMajor value is NOT xkms:success then the

=== Reference to the line
If a compound **request*** has an outer ResultMajor
value xkms:success but does not contain a response
corresponding to an inner request the ResultMajor
value xkms:failure is assumed.

*** my comments are
My understanding is that ResultMajor is only in the
ResultMajor value of xkms:success and if there is no
response corresponding to any of the inner requests
then it is assumed that the ResultMajor value is
xkms:failure.  ( the term request is confusing here.)

Thanks
Sitaraman