W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-xkms@w3.org > September 2002

Re: F2F3 minutes

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:20:57 -0400
To: Shivaram Mysore <Shivaram.Mysore@Sun.COM>, www-xkms@w3.org
Message-Id: <200209131220.57782.reagle@w3.org>

On Thursday 12 September 2002 09:54 pm, Shivaram Mysore wrote:
> All of these pages are
> accessible from the main XKMS page[3].  BTW, I should mention that both
> the issues list and the minute taking are excellent !!

Indeed! Some clarifications:

> [1]  http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/Minutes/20020906-f2f3-draft-minutes.html

  2. Joseph and Yassir will investigate the implications (e.g. IPR)
  of submitting anything to ws-sec, i.e. perhaps they can just refernce
  it.

Correct. Though I will not take any action until there's a specific 
intent/request to transfer a document. (Also, "refernce" is mispelled in a 
few places).

  5. Joseph will investigate what is required in preparation for
  interop testing once the XKMS becomes a Candidate Recommendation
  (which should be on or about December 2002).

On the Quality Assurance side, interop can proceed much as we did in dsig 
and xenc. Also, folks might want to look at this draft which includes lots 
of nice guidelines and techniques for conformance:
  http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2002/framework-20020826/qaframe-ops#QAF-TEST
(I'm starting to familiarize myself with that work.)

Also, since WG Members expect that this will be a media event the Chairs 
should familiarize themselves with:
  http://www.w3.org/Press/Group/Guidelines
and work with me and the W3C Comm Team to ensure all goes smoothly.

> [2]  http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/Drafts/XKMS/xkms-issues-list.html

- Meta comment, capturing who has the action item is even more important 
than who raised the issue! <smile/> If not specified, is it presumed to be 
the Editor?

?. I'd still like us to use dsig:KeyInfo instead of creating a new element 
type derived from the dsig:KeyInfoType, but I'll give this some more 
thought.
7.I'm not sure if this was completely resolved. The decision was that we 
don't think there were side effects and Frederick should provide an example 
of his concern if he thinks so.
Received on Friday, 13 September 2002 12:20:59 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 08:39:17 GMT