RE: XKMS tokens for use with SRV

From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <Donald.Eastlake@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:03:58 -0500
To: www-xkms@w3.org
Hi,

I have submitted a preliminary draft extending the syntax in RFC 2782 to provide a naming convention for DNS nodes at which SRV DNS Resource Records can be stored to locate higher level services such as XKMS services. This is potentially also useful for the Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) whose limited deployment thus far makes it practical to add such a mechanism, and other protocols. For this reason, and because I think it may get it a bit more attention, I have submitted it as a draft in the IETF TRADE working group. A copy is attached.

Thanks,
Donald

PS: I continue to believe that using internal underscores in the labels that comprise such DNS names is confusing and that underscore should generally be reserved for use as the their initial character but I'm certainly willing to be persuaded othewise by consensus.
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd, Motorola,
MS: M2-450, 20 Cabot Boulevard, Mansfield, MA 02048 USA
Donald.Eastlake@Motorola.com, 1-508-851-8280