Re: Issue 33... keybinding discuss...

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 04:43 pm, Blair Dillaway wrote:
> So, it might it be better to say "... cert is revoked by any means then
> the KeyBinding status would become Invalid"?

That's better for me but I'm still a little uncomfortable with the "by any
means." Does this mean the XKMS service has an obligation to keep track of
revocation lists at all times, and if it notes a revocation on a previously
valid keybinding update the client? The way I thought it worked was that a
response to a Validate request was a contemporaneous statement about the
status at *that* time. If a CR is issued, and I encounter it during a path
validation, the next time the request is issued, the status would of course
not be the same. But this isn't any special sort of processing...