Issue 33... keybinding discuss...

From: Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:23:53 -0700
To: "Www-Xkms (E-mail)" <www-xkms@w3.org>
I think we need to add in something here to state exactly what a key binding
really is.

I think that we need to state that a key binding may be an entirely
iundependent entity or may be bound to other entities defined in an
underlying PKI and reflect the status of those entities - this is up to the
issuer to decide.

So if a key binding is reflecting the status of an X.509 cert and the cert
is revoked by any means then the key binding is automatically revoked.

I think this clarification will also help the policyidentifier definition.