Issue 46: "Identifier: URN:blahblahblah:w3.org:xkms:payload- I"

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:29:29 -0400
To: www-xkms@w3.org

http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/Drafts/XKMS/xkms-issues-list.html#issue-46

Instead of using a URN:
 "Identifier: URN:blahblahblah:w3.org:xkms:payload-I"
I propose the following convention for XKMS binding identifiers:
  http://www.w3.org/2002/10/xkms-bindings#payload-I

There's two issues here:
1. I'm using a different URI than that associated with the XKMS namespace. I
think that makes the most since since the bindings are in a separate
document and that allows the XKMS core (syntax/behavior) and the bindings
to stabilize/mature independent of the core -- and vice versa.
2. I'm presuming most of the bindings stay in one document and use the '#'.
This way, in the specification each identifier can have a name/id
associated with that will dereference. (If for some reason, every binding
was it's own document, one could use the '/' instead...)

--
*Note: I will be traveling and attending meetings in Australia from Oct
5-15. I will not be very responsive during this period; I will fully