Re: proposed SOAP Binding spec language

> Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:42:59 -0800
> From: "Blair Dillaway" <blaird@exchange.microsoft.com>
> To: <www-xkms@w3.org>

>>>>> your message said >>>

 Part II: Protocol Bindings

 1. Insert the below text under "Section 3. SOAP Binding"

 This section describes a mechanism for communicating the XKMS messages
defined in Part 1 of this specification using the SOAP message protocol.
XKMS implementers should support the SOAP message protocol for
interoperability.  When doing do, they MUST use the binding described
herein.  Bindings for both SOAP 1.2 [SOAP1.2-1][SOAP1.2-2] and SOAP
1.1[SOAP] protocols are specified.   Use of SOAP 1.2 is recommended
though implementers may prefer SOAP 1.1 in the near term for
compatibility with existing tools and supporting infrastructure.

<<<<<

Shivaram: I don't think most the last sentence in the above is required.  I
would suggest that we just say "Use of SOAP 1.2 is recommended.  For information
purposes only, SOAP 1.1 bindings are specified."

/Shivaram

Shivaram H. Mysore <shivaram.mysore@sun.com>

Software Engineer 				Co-Chair, W3C's XKMS WG
Java Card Engineering				http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS
JavaSoft, Sun Microsystems Inc.

Direct: (408)276-7524
Fax:    (408)276-7608