From: Jon Gunderson [mailto:jongund@uiuc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 11:49 AM
To: fjh@alum.mit.edu; mike.just@entrust.com
Cc: www-xkms@w3.org; ij@w3.org; w3c-wai-ua@w3.org; w3c-wai-cg@w3.org;
w3c-wai-pf@w3.org
Subject: XML Key Managment Service comment

I noticed that your charter said that DOM implementation issues was out of
scope for you document.  I have concerns here, since one of the issues in
the User Agent working group is dealing with is access to secure documents
for alternative rendering.  Ideally this would be a lot easier if there was
an interoperable way for security information to transmitted through the
DOM.  UAAG has a requirement to export the DOM to assistive technologies
for them to provide alternative renderings of alternative controls.

I think that a standard dom implementation for people to gain access to
content in a secure way is important for accessibility.  I am not sure how
this translates into your requirements document.

Jon

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund