Re: Requirements & F2F minutes update

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 08:12:32 -1000
To: "Blair Dillaway" <blaird@microsoft.com>, "Yassir Elley" <yassir.elley@sun.com>
Cc: "Frederick Hirsch" <hirsch@fjhirsch.com>, <www-xkms@w3.org>
On Thursday 09 May 2002 05:35, Blair Dillaway wrote:
> My understanding is that a W3C spec process is that you can't include
> dependencies on anything less advanced.

That's the general case for RECs, but I don't think it's absolutely
necessary for CR. But then again, when in CR if a dependency substantively
changed that affected our own syntax or processing behaviour we should use
a new namesapce -- which is easily enough done!

For what it's worth, yesterday Fallside announced that (I think) the WG's
internal issue list is pretty much closed and they hope to issue a Last
Call ASAP.

--
*Note: I will be attending the W3C AC and WWW2002 meetings from
May 5-10, and taking holiday from 13-16. I will not be as responsive