Re: what I meant was...

On Tuesday 05 March 2002 13:03, Stephen Farrell wrote:
> Joseph caught us out again:
> > What does Status=Valid mean in the query? Isn't this always the
> > implicit question? Could one just as well  ask <Status>Invalid</Status>
> > in the query? (What would this mean?)
>
> I assume its there to make the query & response syntaxes similar
> and doesn't mean much. If so, then I'd just state that and not
> really worry. Too much of a hack? (OTOH, if we do make the binding
> status extensible, then I get concerned about this.)

I'd argue that if you want the xkms:Result in the response (and I assume in
most cases one will) then one should ask for it in the query! Putting an
ambigous token in the Query element (which is otherwise a nice protype of
what the result should look like) confuses things.

Instead of:

 <Query>
    <Status>Valid</Status>
    <ds:KeyInfo>
       <ds:KeyName>Joseph...</ds:KeyName>
    </ds:KeyInfo>
 </Query>
 <Respond>
    <string>KeyName</string>
    <string>KeyValue</string>
 </Respond>

one shoudl simply ask for the Status element.

    <Query>
      <Where>
        <KeyName>Joseph</KeyName>
      </Where>