Re: 2.0 Draft 9

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:32:20 -0400
To: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker@verisign.com>
Cc: www-xkms@w3.org

On Monday 24 June 2002 12:31 pm, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
> >   4.2.2 Element <KeyInfo>
> >
> >    163 The following schema defines the <KeyInfo> element of the
> >    KeyInfoType type imported from the XML Signature Specification:
> >    <!-- KeyInfo -->
> >    <element name="KeyInfo" type="ds:KeyInfoType" />
> >    <!-- /KeyInfo -->
> >
> > Why is this not ds:KeyInfo? Is its semantic or processing
> > different from
> > that defined by ds?
>
> That is simply to get arround the schema problem with any #other
> and the ambiguous references complaint...

I think it's confusing to change our syntax (e.g., duplicating element
names) because of an annoyance in Schema. We can just remove the
duplicitous declaration and the instance will work form the schema
validation point of view. If we want to allow it to communicate to the
human reader, I recommend just including it in comments.