RE: Validation of signatures?

XKMS would not be a good protocol as presently written since you would need
to implement XML signature to delegate the signature verification...

Such a protocol would need to profile XML signature, e.g. use detached sigs
in SOAP headers a la ws-security to provide value.

I don't think that such a protocol is an XKMS protocol but given the way the
term came together I could well imagine that XKMS would become a moniker for
key related trust services and a delegated signature verification protocol
being proposed as one more subsystem.

Incidentally I see more of a need for delegated signature ops than
verification ops. I can think of many instances in which you would delegate
the sig to a secure hardware signing box but not want the signing box to run
the whole application.

Regardless, such issues currently out of scope.

		Phill