Re: Updated Requirements, 4-corner model

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:57:04 -0500
To: Daniel Ash <Daniel.Ash@identrus.com>
CC: "'Mike Just'" <Mike.Just@entrust.com>, "'www-xkms@w3.org'" <www-xkms@w3.org>
You're not the only one; we (Zolera) brought it up in our initial
position paper. [1]

It seems pretty clear that "post to fixed URL" is how everyone is going
to start doing this, and that does raise issues, but it's a nearly
intractable problem, and I do think "design how to get a trust anchor"
is beyond our scope.

The OCSP technique won't always work since XKMS is designed to work with
raw keys.
	/r$
[1]
http://www.w3.org/2001/07/xkms-ws/positions/zolera_xkms_position.html