RE: requirements - 4-corner wording

Mack's suggestion sounds like a good one to me. What we need to be clear on
is what we mean when we say trust models are out of scope.

One of the main operating models I considered when designing XKMS was DNS.
Each IP device has a relationship with what is essentially a single DNS
service (OK two servers for redundancy, but one logical service). The client
sends all its queries to that one service and gets back an answer. The
details of how that answer are arrived at are actually irrelevant.

What I think we need to avoid adding into XKMS is the ability for the client
to describe the trust model to be applied in detail, there lies the path to
madness. We are running a McDonalds here and not a Burger King, you get your
choice of burger made as defined in Hamburger University
build-a-better-burger manual, you don't get to choose whether you have the
lettuce or pickle on the cheeseburger or not.

        Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker FBCS C.Eng.
Principal Scientist
VeriSign Inc.