Re: transaction specific policies

From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:14:03 +0100
To: Daniel Ash <Daniel.Ash@identrus.com>
CC: "'www-xkms@w3.org '" <www-xkms@w3.org>

> Daniel Ash wrote:
>
> I'm trying to understand the best way to use XKISS in a particular scenario.  one which is likely
> to be very common in the financial community.
>
> The same key is used for multiple transaction-specific policies.  an example of this type of
> policy is the European Signature policy.  liability models will vary from one such policy to
> another.  considering the same key is used, the trusted third party must me able to monitor
> liability exposure in order effectively manage risks associated with the particular transaction
> type/policy.  It also would need to make the statement: "this key is valid/invalid for this type
> of transaction".
>
> The options I'm aware of are:
> 1.)  use a different XKISS service URL for each transaction type.
> 2.)  extend the useWith element with custom transaction types.

I'd generally try go for #1, but this is an implementation issue.

> are there more options?  which is the most appropriate?

I don't see why we want more options.

Stephen.

> -dan
> Identrus

Stephen Farrell
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com