Transitive Authentication

From: Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:52:46 -0700
To: www-xkms@w3.org

All,

	In some cases the protocol messages may require authentication by a
digital signature rather than a MAC. I would prefer not to call this
anything as inflamatory as 'non-repudiation'. I am considering the term
transitive authentication since the authentication credentials presented by
A to B can be used by C.

	OK this is not quite transitive if you consider the parties as the
srguments to the function, but it is if you consider the message.

	Thoughts?

		Phill