RE: URL-level trust (was: Re: XKMS)

I don't see the problem that Yassir is raising.

The idea of XKMS is that the client is delegating the concept, idea,
definition, implementation, understanding, comprehension and gestalt of the
trust relationship.

There is no XKMS language to allow the client to describe what the client
understands as 'trust'.

I don't believe that the client dictates security policy scenario is
realistic. I have never known an enterprise, still less a government
organization where individual end users decide the security policy for
themselves.

If the need arises to bridge across multiple trust configurations in the
manner described it is almost certain to arise at the organizational level
and not the whims of the individual end user. contrawise if the case arises
in which some more complex trust association configuration is desirable it
would be easily (and best) supported by means of an individual service port
for that user (URLs are cheap) and some sort of Web browser based GUI-ish
configuration panel.

		Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker FBCS C.Eng.
Principal Scientist