From: Stephen Farrell [mailto:stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 10:53 AM
To: Krishna Sankar
Cc: www-xkms-ws@w3c.org
Subject: Re: XKMS 2.0 base working draft

Krishna,

(I was talking about the timing of the specs.)

I guess I would tend towards the more self-contained approach -
something
like specifying use of xmldsig and xmlenc "directly" for xkms where
we need message level protection (and perhaps tls/ssl where we don't).

>         As another point, my hope is that by the time we are ready
> with our final version, SOAP security would be far enough for us to
> use it.

I seem to recall Blair making a comment that made me think the
opposite on the conference call last week (Blair?).

Stephen.

Stephen Farrell
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com