From: Shivaram Mysore [mailto:Shivaram.Mysore@sun.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 10:23 AM
To: www-xkms-ws@w3c.org
Subject: Welcome to XKMS Activity

Folks,

Firstly, its good that we've jumped another process hurdle
and are now (almost!) underway as an official WG. We hope
the group can now make fairly quick progress on our initial
WG goals, (but that depends on you of course:-).

Meanhwhile, here's the situation as we understand it:

- There are some more W3C process issues to address as noted
  in Joseph's mail. Those will work their way through the
  process, but we're hopeful there should be no surprises.
- In the meantime we can start work, using this list, on the
  following items:
	- Start on the requirements document, which should
	  at this stage reflect the work already underway (i.e.
	  pretty much the core XKMS document and XBULK), the
	  aim of this is to provide a useful document for
	  other W3C groups to react against
	- To get this underway we need:
	  	- an editor
	  	- text for the editor to edit
	  	- if you'd like to volunteer to help for either
	  	  of these tasks, drop a mail to Shivaram and Stephen
	- Scheduling a phone conference in the next two weeks
	  (How about Nov 14, 5pm GMT/12pm EST/9am PST?)
	- Scheduling our first face-to-face meeting,
	  (How about co-locating with the next IETF in Salt Lake,
	  Dec 10-14?)

Of course, we will have to officially revisit any "decisions" we take
over the next few weeks, but with luck there won't be too much revision
to be done, so its worthwhile starting now.

Regards,
Stephen & Shivaram.