RE: Proposed Activity Proposal, Charter

In the Activity proposal,

What intellectual property (for example, an implementation) must be available
for licensing and is this intellectual property available for a reasonable fee
and in a non-discriminatory manner?
	No IPR is known to be needed for creating an XML Key Management
Specification implementation or for applying XML Signature or XML Encryption to
XML Protocol  messages.
<<<<<<<<

Both IBM and MS have declared RAND IPR for the SOAP-SEC [1] specification which
would seem to be counter to the above statement that "No IPR is known... for
applying XML Signature ... to XML Protocol messages."

Looks like current IPR statement for the XKMS Note is fuzzy w/r/t whether the
terms are RF or RAND.

/Shivaram

<blaird@microsoft.com>, "'www-xkms-ws@w3.org'" <www-xkms-ws@w3.org>