RE: Proposed Activity Proposal, Charter

Can we make a change to the "Duration and Schedule" section to better
reflect the strong concensus as to priorities evident at the Workshop?

The agreed plan was to proceed at highest priority with a revised draft for
XKMS that corrected known bugs, removed ambiguities, and incorporated some
minor improvements.  The writing of a requirements document is NOT to be
considered part of the path to accomplishing that.  The idea of the
requirements document is to document, for editorial purposes, the
requirements that XKMS addresses and identify requirements that XKMS can
satisfy.

To avoid confusion on the part of newcomers on this point (and to reflect
the Workshop concensus), I propose we set the last call date for the XKMS
protocol spec at November 2001, and that for the requirements document at
January 2002.  I also suggest putting X-Bulk at January 2002 (again
reflecting the Workshop concensus).  If the requirements document and X-Bulk
are completed earlier, that is fine, but it is important to make it clear
that progression of the XKMS spec proper is not contingent on either.

Warwick