Re: Draft working group thingie

At 12:01 7/25/2001, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
>Here is the working group charter that I started on, I won't have time to do
>anything on it until friday as I am working on the SAML draft.

All the relevant background information is certainly here, I think the task
is to update and focus -- smaller might even be better.

Update:
- We can now call XML Protocol SOAP <grin/>
- The timeline would need to be adjusted, likely pushing it ahead 3/4
months, depending on our understanding of the deliverables.

Focus:

My main question is deliverables.

I'd like a WG or two do to the following:
1. KISS - XML (namespace/schema) cleanup and extensibility.
2. KRSS - general cleanup.

This seems to be calling for two other documents:
3. The cryptographic enhancement of XML Protocol Messages
4. Description of cryptographic enhancements in a Web Service Description.

And the scope is: "The proposed scope of the working group consists of
specifying a means of interfacing a client to a PKI through a Web Service
and related specifications to apply cryptographic enhancements to Web
Services." but I'm not really sure what this means -- buzword overload.
<smile/>

On 3, what exact enhancement are we speaking of? Only those included in the
SOAP extensions for XMLDSIG NOTE or something else? On 4, is this critical
path? There is no Web Service Description standard and this can be done when
that time is right.