Transport

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 22:31:11 -0500
To: www-wsa-comments@w3.org

I'd like to point out that the architecture document misuses the term
"transport protocol" in places, at least with respect to what it's
generally understood to mean outside of the Web services community.  In
particular, it refers to HTTP and other application protocols as
transport protocols in sections 3.1 and 4.1.1.  In addition, the naming
of the layer in the "wire stack" as "transport" seems quite inappropriate
if it is to engulf both transport and application protocols.

I see that some attempt has been made elsewhere to remedy this, which is
a good thing.

Thanks.

MB