Travel agent use case issue

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 01:43:56 -0500
To: www-wsa-comments@w3.org

Greetings,

When reading DavidB's comments about the discovery stuff being written
from a technology POV rather than exposing a problem, I remembered that
I had identified a similar problem with the use cases, while trying to
outline a REST friendly solution to the travel agent use case.  I didn't
finish, but got far enough to see that it was prescribing a means of
solving the problem.

http://internet.conveyor.com/RESTwiki/moin.cgi/WebServicesTravelAgentExample

There's three comments in there about solution-prescribing, two obvious
ones where it says "service requests a description of how to communicate
with the service found" (i.e. grab the WSDL), and one less obvious one
where a "confirmation number" is prescribed rather than a "confirmation
identifier".

MB