Re: Comment on AR006.2.1 - identity of communicating parties

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:36:47 +0200
To: Daniel Weitzner <djweitzner@w3.org>
Cc: www-wsa-comments@w3.org

Hi Danny.

* Daniel Weitzner <djweitzner@w3.org> [2002-06-12 15:36-0400]
> Requirement AR006.2.1 seeks to provide from authentication for the
> identities of communicating parties. The use of the term 'identity' should
> be clarified. As written, this requirement could me that the legal name of a
> communicating party is to be authenticated, or simply that the identifier,
> whether name, email address, IP address, etc. associated with the
> communication is authenticated. If the meaning is the former, then it should
> be clarified that anonymous and pseudonymous communications must be
> supported. If the latter (much simpler from a privacy perspective) then the
> scope of this requirement should be narrowed.

The Working Group clarified last week that it was the latter, and
adressed this by removing the word "identity" in the requirement
wording. The new wording is:

  AR006.2.1 The security framework must enable Authentication of the
            parties participating to an exchange.

Please let us know if you are not satisfied with this resolution.

Regards,

Hugo

--
Hugo Haas - W3C